Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Dry Run: Nicaragua Part II

In Nicaragua, one must get used to the water.  It is the rainy season, so that may have something to do with it.  Also, the Boss and I just seem to be drawn to bodies of water.  Of all shapes and sizes.

Rainy afternoons.  
I share a bond with this Nicaraguan as we both sit and watch the storm roll through Chichigalpa.


Las Penitas.
First time I've seen a sunset over the ocean.  Pacific for the win.


Some afternoon reading and relaxing.  Not much has changed from Charleston.
Except the hammock.  It's a nice touch.


Water sports!  
Kayaking in the Laguna de Apoya.  Old volcano turned peaceful 200 meter deep lagoon.


Lake Nicaragua.  
This sucker is massive.  Seriously, go check a map.  So massive that it has fresh water sharks. And an island where we saw monkeys!


Me on a boat in Lake Nicaragua.  Drinking a tasty beverage.

Picture uploading problem resolved: check.  Borrowed watch: check.

I've got less than a week to go.  Hopefully when I get in the States I can sit down and properly recount some of my adventuring.  Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment