Sunday, January 11, 2015

Next Step

I want to thank everyone who followed me over the years.  I particularly want to thank everyone who sent care packages.  I seriously won the lottery in that.  I mean I got some good stuff... yea.

Since Africa has come to a close, I figured I had to move on from the whole "Dale does Africa".  Not to say I'm done with Africa, but I don't plan on going back for awhile.  At least not for a hefty pile of cash.

I picked Africa instead of something more specific because I didn't even know where I was originally going.  That was fortuitous as the first place, Mali, got closed down before I ever showed up.  Then I spent three months of blogging about an awesome time in Charleston and a month in Nicaragua.  Even after I finally made it to Cameroon, Africa I didn't stay put.  I spent a couple months in Bokito near the capital for training, six months in the deserts of Bogo in the Extreme North before  Boko Haram shut us down, and only finally settled down in Mbakaou in May of 2013.  That was over a full year after I started the blog.  Luckily I spent a whole year and a half in my lovely river village.

Thanks Mbakaou!  (and AES Sonel for providing me with delicious electricity)

What's next?  No idea.  But in keeping with my luck of broadly named blogs...  Come check out The Daleverse!  You may have noticed that I actually just changed the url for the old blog and then recreated this one so if you followed my old blog or anything like that, you ought not to have to make any changes.  But let's be honest, you only ever got here via Facebook anyway.

Thanks again.  And for me most loyal, I leave you with this:

Me and my little brother Riz

No comments:

Post a Comment